by Bill Downey     Price Analysis of Gold and Silver
Follow Our Socials!

Click here to see the GoldTrends.net Google Plus page and subscribe! Click here to see the GoldTrends.net Facebook page and subscribe! Click here to see the GoldTrends.net Twitter page and subscribe! Click here to see outhe GoldTrends.net LinkedIn page and subscribe! Click here to see the GoldTrends.net YouTube Channel and subscribe! Click here to see the GoldTrends.net RSS feed list and subscribe!

Technical Analysis Trading Gold, Trading Silver/ analysis By Bill Downey providing key turning points & charts for investors and speculators in Precious Metals Trading, and Precious Metals Markets

Kitco



Bill Downey, of Gold Trends.net, LLC, is an Independent Investment Analyst with over twenty years of study. YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE ANY MATERIAL posted on this WEBSITE AS RECOMMENDATIONS TO BUY OR SELL GOLD OR ANY OTHER INVESTMENT VEHICLE LISTED. Do your own due diligence. No one knows tomorrow's price or circumstance. The author intends to portray his thoughts and ideas on the subject which may s be used as a tool for the reader. GoldTrends does not accept responsibility for being incorrect in its speculations on market trend or key turning points that it may discuss since they are at best a calculated analysis based on historical price observations.

US. Government Required Disclaimer

Commodity Futures Trading Commission Futures and Options trading has large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the futures and options markets. Don't trade with money you can't afford to lose. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to Buy/Sell futures or options. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this web site. The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.

CFTC RULE 4.41 - HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.

 

 

Gold testing upper resistance points on short and medium term

14 Oct 2015 10:21 AM | Bill Downey (Administrator)

Gold short term

Gold has moved higher to the next resistance level of 1172-1188 but has yet to close above 1172. The Tuesday pullback to 1152 was thwarted convincingly and price has move back to resistance. A close above 1172 and then 1188 would warn of 1211-1222 as the next target.

Support is 1152-1158 and 1136-1142.


Cycles

The next cycle turn is due now Oct 12th (plus or minus 72 hours). We discussed that a move above 1154-1158 would lead to a move to the 1172-1188 and we have reached 1180.

We are now at the red cycle and odds favor (75%) that we will see a high today or tomorrow. That still leaves the 25% potential that price can continue to rally until months end. Unfortunately, there are no absolutes in trading, only odds. Look for resistance at the red line (200 day moving average) near 1176 and then the upper trend line near 1188.



Gold Medium Term

Long Term Trend ~ Bearish since Oct 2013 @ 1361

Long term Moving averages 1295 – 1386

Medium Term Trend ~bearish – Moving Averages 1163-1180

Gold continues supporting at the 1080 price area and the 50% retracement of the entire bull market. Support remains that white line we bounced off on the lows and the three red lines under price. Until we crack below that level it is possible for gold to continue its quest higher at the moment. On a weekly basis, the 1172-1188 area is the resistance zone with 1211-1225 and 1258 as key reversal points. The dual yellow downtrend line is also key. As long as we are below that area, the downtrend on a medium term is still intact for now. On the downside, any weekly close below 1072 suggests the downtrend has resumed. Until then, it’s possible for gold to continue higher.




Technical Analysis :: Gold & Silver

Copyright  2008 - 2015  Gold Trends.net, LLC               Email: info@goldtrends.net

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software