Updated May 2022
Table of Contents
- 1 Augusta Precious Metals Review 2022 Gold ira Facts, Fees & Ratings
- 2 Augusta Precious Metals: About the Company
- 3 Why Invest with Augusta Precious Metal?
- 4 Augusta Precious Metals IRAs
- 5 Augusta Precious Metals: Fees
- 6 Who Should Invest with Augusta Precious Metals?
- 7 What We Like About Augusta Precious Metals
Augusta Precious Metals Review 2022 Gold ira Facts, Fees & Ratings
A highly regarded precious metals investment company, Augusta Precious Metals is aimed at helping individual investors buy precious metals (specifically silver and gold) as well as setting up Precious Metals IRAs.
To learn more about Augusta Precious Metals, its history, its services, why you should invest with the company, and many more details to determine whether it is the right investment vehicle for you, keep reading this review.
Augusta Precious Metals: About the Company
The company is also not only endorsed by the NFL Hall of Fame Quarterback, Joe Montana, but he has personally put his reputation on the line by being a customer of Augusta Precious Metals. Augusta Precious Metals is very transparent about its prices and investment options, and they provide personalized and extensive educational resources to you make an informed financial decision.
- Personally Endorsed By Joe Montana who is a client
- Only Company With ZERO Complaints since 2012
- Personalized Webinar With Harvard Economist
- Low set up fee and yearly cost
- A+ with BBB and 4.97/5 from their customers
- Provide Lifetime Education
- Up to 10 years of fees waivered depending on the investment
- $50,000 Minimum Investment in Gold IRA
- Only offer Gold & Silver, not other precious metals
Isaac Nuriani who also serves as the CEO of the company founded Augusta Precious Metals in 2012 with a mission to help investors in America diversify their retirement savings into physical gold and silver.
Augusta Precious Metals company is headquartered in Beverly Hills, California and some of the things that make it stand out from its competitors are superior customer service, transparency, commitment to education, and expertise within the realm of Precious Metals IRAs.
Why Invest with Augusta Precious Metal?
Augusta Precious Metals provides the top 7 reasons it believes that you should invest with them as opposed to other precious metals investment companies. The reasons below are actually listed on the company’s official website and are:– Knowledge: Augusta Precious Metals works to learn about your specific financial goals and customize the advice they give you to better suit your needs. They do this by arranging for you, a one to one presentation with their Harvard Economist Devlyn Steele, who answers all your questions before you make any decisions. – Respect: You can expect first-class customer service, which is simply unmatched if you choose to work with Augusta Precious Metals. – Commitment: The team at Augusta Precious Metals has a commitment to supporting its clients reach their financial goals. – Accessibility: The Augusta Precious Metals team is incredibly easy to reach. All clients enjoy free access to educators. – Selection: Augusta Precious Metals offers an impressive selection of silver and gold coins and bullion from different mints around the world. – Transparency; Augusta Precious Metals is very transparent and doesn’t charge hidden fees. The company communicates regularly and clearly to keep you properly updated with what’s happening. – Coordination: The team of experts at Augusta Precious Metals will keep working with you and will be available to provide advice or answer questions even after your initial investment.
Augusta Precious Metals IRAs
One of the key services that Augusta Precious Metals provides is helping investors to set up their new Precious Metals IRAs as well as helping them rollover existing retirement accounts into Precious Metals IRAs.
Augusta Precious Metals has dedicated departments with experienced and knowledgeable professionals that streamline setting up Precious Metals IRAs. Each client is assigned a dedicated agent.
Here are the 5 simple steps to setting up a Precious Metals IRA with the company:
Step 1: Customer Signs Up
The first step involves you requesting a free investment guide from Augusta Precious Metals. Once you have received your guide, you contact them when you are ready and a company representative will then assign you a dedicated customer success agent who will assist you for the lifetime of the account, acting as a liaison between you and the rest of the departments within Augusta Precious Metals.
Step 2: Economic Education
The customer success agent will then refer you to the economic analytics team. A member of the team will chat with you online or call you, depending on your preference. It is here that you will gain a better understanding of the economy and the precious metals market. Augusta Precious Metals will also offer you a free no-obligation personalized webinar with their Harvard-trained economist Devlyn Steele if you so wish, where he will discuss with you your financial objectives and even advise if investing in a gold IRa is the best option.
Step 3: IRA Processing
Augusta Precious Metals has made the process of setting up an IRA easy and stress-free. The customer success agent will then refer you to the processing team who will do much of the work for you. The first step will be to get your application filled out and processed.
Step 4: Funding the Account
The Augusta Precious Metals team will then initiate the money transfer process. You can choose to fund your IRA account by rolling over funds from your existing 401(k), IRA, or another retirement account. The team will keep you informed each step of the way.
Augusta Precious Metals will even help you find a trusted custodian. The company has partnered with highly-regarded self-directed IRA custodians, which are Kingdom Trust, Goldstar Trust, and Equity Trust.
Step 5: Purchasing Your Precious Metals
Augusta Precious Metals has a dedicated help desk ready to help you with the purchasing process. After you have completed the purchase of precious metals for your IRA, the company will have them shipped to a secure storage facility in one of the U.S. cities.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) establishes criteria that must be met for precious metals to be held in an IRA. All gold coins and bars must be at least 99.9 percent pure (except for the American Eagle Gold Coin) and all silver coins and bars must be at least 99.9 percent pure.
Here are some of the IRS-approved silver and gold coins that you can add to your Augusta Precious Metals investment portfolio:
– Canadian Silver Eagle with Nest Coins – Canadian Silver Soaring Eagle Coins – Canadian Silver Maple Leaf Coins – American Silver Eagle Coins
– Gold Canadian Maple Leaf Coins – Gold Canadian Eagle Coins – Gold American Buffalo Coins – Gold American Eagle Coins – Gold American Eagle Proofs
According to the IRS regulations, silver and gold for a Precious Metals IRA have to be stored in an IRS-approved facility. The official Augusta Precious Metals website lists the various storage facilities you can choose from.
Each of the storage facilities listed offers state-of-the-art security and insurance to ensure that your investment is adequately protected. You also have the option to choose either segregated or non-segregated storage. You can also personally inspect your silver and gold holdings at the depository.
Once you have purchased gold and/or silver for your Precious Metals IRA, Augusta Precious Metals will then take care of sending your items to the secure depository you have selected. You aren’t charged any management fees and both shipping and insurance are included for free.
The secure depositories are located in:
– Jackson, Ohio – Bridgewater, Massachusetts – South Fargo, North Dakota – Las Vegas, Nevada – Los Angeles, California – Salt Lake City, Utah – Nampa, Idaho – Wilmington, Delaware – New York City, New York – New Castle, Delaware
Purchasing Silver and Gold for Personal Investment
Augusta Precious Metals also offers gold and silver coins and bars for personal investment in addition to its Precious Metals IRAs. Investing in gold or silver directly with the company outside of an IRA offers numerous benefits with the biggest one being the ability to manage your assets directly.
Silver and Gold Options for Personal Investment
Augusta Precious Metals offers a large selection of silver and gold bullion and premium coins. The company’s offerings are listed below. For pricing information, you should get in touch with the company directly.
Common Gold Bullion
– Gold American Eagle 1 oz BU (Random Year) – Gold American Buffalo 1 oz BU (Random Year) – Gold American Eagle .25 oz BU (Random Year) – Gold American Eagle .10 oz BU (Random Year) – Gold American Eagle .5 oz BU (Random Year) – Gold Canadian Maple Leaf 1 oz BU (Random Year) – Austrian 1 oz Gold Philharmonic BU (Random Year) – South African Gold Krugerrand 1 oz (Random Year) – Gold Bar 1 oz – Gold Bar 10 oz
– Certified American Buffalo – Certified American Eagle – American Gold Buffalo Proof – Gold American Eagle Proof – 2020 Australian Striped Marlin- 2017 Royal Canadian Mint .25 oz Gold Eagle – 2015 Canadian .25 oz Gold $10 Polar Bear and Cub – 2014 Canadian .25 oz Gold $10 Arctic Fox- $2.5 Liberty – $5 Liberty – $10 Liberty – $20 Liberty – $2.5 Indian – $5 Indian – $10 Indian – $20 Saint Gaudens – 5 Piece Certified Liberty Set- 5 Piece Certified Indian Set – 2016 .25 oz British £25 Gold Standard – Commemorative 1984 Olympics Coin
Common Silver Bullion
– America the Beautiful 5 oz Effigy Mounds- America the Beautiful 5 oz Fort Moultrie – America the Beautiful 5 oz Cumberland Gap – Silver Round 1 oz Choice Hallmark – Austrian Philharmonic Silver 1 oz BU (Random Year) – American Silver Eagle 1 oz BU (Random Year) – Canadian Silver 5 Blessings 1 oz- Canadian Silver Maple Leaf 1 oz BU (Random Year) – Silver 90% Bag $100 Face Value – Silver 90% Bag $250 Face Value – Silver 90% Bag $500 Face Value- Silver 90% Bag $1,000 Face Value – Silver Bar 10 oz – Silver Bar 100 oz
– Commemorative Dollar – Mercury Dime – John F. Kennedy Half Dollar – Walking Liberty Half Dollar – Peace Dollar – Morgan Silver Dollar – Ben Franklin Half Dollar – Proof Silver American Eagle – 2014 Canadian 1.5 oz $8 Silver Arctic Fox- 2020 Royal Canadian Mint 1.25 oz Silver Soaring Eagle – 2016 Canadian 1.5 oz Silver $8 White Falcon – 2015 Canadian 1.5 oz Silver $8 Polar Bear and Club
Augusta Precious Metals: Fees
Here are the fees you can expect to pay if you decide to invest with Augusta Precious Metals:
– $50 Account Setup Fee (One-Time)
– $80 Account Maintenance Fee (Annual)
– $100 Storage Fee (Annual)
Augusta Precious Metals offers four different packages with regard to gold ira investments, each one relates to how much you wish to invest into your Gold IRA.
The first package is what they refer to as their Bronze Club, which starts with an investment of $50,000. If you are looking to invest anywhere between $50,000 to $200,000 in gold and silver, then there is a one-time application fee of $50 plus an $80 per year IRA fee, and finally, a $100 per year insured Secure Depository fee. Making the total fees $230 for the first year. From year two onwards the fees are $180.
The second package is what is known as their Silver Club. If you are looking to invest anywhere between $200,000 to $500,000 in a gold IRA, then the fees are the same as with the Bronze club, but Augusta Precious Metals will reimburse you each year for the first three years by adding silver to your Depository account. This means they will offset the cost of your fees, for the first three years.
The third package they offer is their Gold package. This is for anyone looking to invest $500,000 to a million dollars in gold and silver. With the Gold package, your fees are reimbursed annually with silver for the first five years.
They do offer the opportunity for you to have all your fees paid for the next ten years, and that is available to people who enter their Millionaires Club, by investing over 1 million in precious metals.
Shipping and Insurance
Shipping and insurance are included for free with all purchases from Augusta Precious Metals. If you are buying silver and/or gold for your IRA, it will be securely delivered to your selected IRS-approved depository where they will be fully insured.
If you are buying silver and gold for a personal investment, you can expect your shipment to be discreetly packaged to protect your investment. Orders typically ship within 7 to 10 business days after completion of the purchase.
Over its years in business, Augusta Precious Metals has a Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating of A+, the highest possible rating from TrustLink, and Business Consumer Alliance rating of Triple-A. Also, one thing that makes Augusta Precious Metals stand out compared to other gold ira companies is that they have received zero complaints since 2012, which makes them unique.
Who Should Invest with Augusta Precious Metals?
Augusta Precious Metals is the perfect investment vehicle for both experienced investors as well as persons who are new to the silver and gold market.
Augusta Precious Metals is the ideal investment vehicle for individuals that want to diversify their retirement portfolios. If you are looking to protect your investments from fluctuations in the stock market, you should also consider investing with Augusta.
Augusta Precious Metals isn’t ideal for customers with less than $50,000 to invest in Precious Metals IRAs. For non-IRA investments, Augusta too only works with clients who have at least $50,000. So, if you have at least $50,000 to invest then Augusta is definitely the company for you. If $25,000 is your maximum, then the likes of Goldco will be a better option for you.
What We Like About Augusta Precious Metals
The company has a unique one-on-one approach. If you are serious about investing in precious metals, the company will even put together a personalized presentation and educational webinar just for you, as we mentioned before. The company also has an overwhelming number of positive reviews online and as also mentioned they have received zero complaints since they formed back in 2012.
What Could Be Done Better by Augusta Precious Metals
$50,000 is the minimum purchase with Augusta Precious Metals for both direct delivery and Precious Metals IRA purchases. The $50,000 minimum is particularly high for most investors. Many of their competitors such as Birch Gold Group have significantly lower minimums.
Augusta Precious Metals Pros:
– Transparency on the prices and investment options
– Exceptional customer service, consistent 5-star reviews & Zero complaints
– Extensive educational resources to help you make informed financial decisions
– Simple, fast, transparent Precious Metals IRA account opening process
Augusta Precious Metals Cons:
– The selection of IRS-approved coins for IRAs isn’t as large as what other companies offer
– The company offers just silver and gold; no platinum or palladium
Are you looking to diversify your retirement portfolio with precious metals investments? If so, then Augusta Precious Metals is a reliable partner. The company handles all aspects of precious metals investments from paperwork and purchases to delivery and storage in depositories.
The company’s official website is well organized and team members are knowledgeable and responsive to help you get all the answers and information you need to get started with precious metals investing. Check out the company’s website to get started today!
Augusta Precious Metals Score
Overall we are impressed with what Augusta Precious Metals provide their clients by way of a personalized presentation, and ongoing support and education. And the fact they have zero complaints against them is very impressive when you consider other companies have received complaints about their gold ira offering.
Their minimum investment is higher than others, so if you are not looking to invest over $50,000 then the likes of Goldco or Birch Gold, for example, will be better options.
- Overall Ratings with the likes of BBB BCA and Trustlink - 97% 97%
- Fees - 95% 95%
- Ease of Purchase - 96% 96%
- Customer Service - 95% 95%
- Education - 98% 98%